Saturday, August 9, 2014

2014-08-09 Bulldog Battle!

Just finished BCF's 1st Bulldog Battle event. Fun event just for BCF folk. 2 man or 2 woman teams throwing down in 4 events, with the top 3 going on to an all-or-nothing final. My partner Scott and I took fifth (out of 10 teams), so an OK performance that didn't get us on the podium or to the final WOD. That's ok because it was enough to do four!

Some details & thoughts below. Note, there was so much work done, and I didn't take notes, so it's possible I'm getting one of the movements wrong or out of order on the two chippers (wod 1, wod 3). I'll update if I spot any errors later.

WOD 1: Partners both do run and then divide rest of work as they wish. When one partner's working, other is holding the medball. Medball touches the ground, it's 3 burpees each.
8 min time cap:
400m run with parter
50 wallball
40 burpees
30 G2O 75# (CJ's)
40 Box Jumps
50 Deadlifts 165#
run counts as 1 rep. If you finish before time cap, cycle back to wallballs.

We made it to the deadlifts, but only got like 14 of them. That was good enough to earn us 2nd place, so pretty good. We traded off pretty evenly and just kept at it with sets of 10-15 each.

Floater WOD:
There was another wod that people had to go do in between the other ones. We did it ~20 min after Wod1.
100m sled push. Sled weight + 90lbs (total of 165#). Partner pushes 50m, turns around, and other partner pushes back the 50m.

We got 7th on this one, (31.2s) so could have done better. Turn-around was a bit sloppy and could have been practiced more. In general, should do more of these.

WOD 2:
Each partner rows 90s for calories. After second partner finishes, both partners have a total of 6min to establish a one rep max back squat.

My partner did awesome on the row (42cal?) and I got like 32 calories. He's normally a stronger rower than me but still. Not sure how this compared to others.

The back squats were weak for us compared to others. My partner PR'd at 235. I got 245, which is 15# shy of my PR, but all I could do today. There were dudes there doing like 400#. We got 8th in this workout. Not unhappy with our performance, just not our strong suit.

WOD 3:
Partners divide work below as they want. At "GO", barbell never hits the ground, or it's a 3 burpee penalty. We didn't incur any penalty.
10 min time cap
{
50 alternating barbell lunges 75#
50 burpees
50 front squats 75#
50 situps
50 Shoulder-2-Overhead 75# (pushjerk)
back to...
50 alternating lunges 75#
50 burpees (of which we only got a handful by the timecap)

We split up the work evenly at first, then switching when we felt the need. Scott did more of the burpees than I did. I did all 50 of the situps unbroken. We got 4th place on this one. Went pretty well, not sure what I'd have done differently if doing it over again.

Overall a fun event, and pleased with how we did. Gotta work on back squats, and should do some sled work. Probably also a good idea to do more foam roll and other mobility work between wods.

No comments:

Post a Comment