Monday, July 7, 2014

2014-07-07 Mid-year goals check

It's July already, so time to check how I'm doing against goals for the year

Progress against 2014 goals:
1. MU. This is the year.  <-- DONE
2. 135# Snatch.
3. Move from 3rd quartile in the Open to around 50-60% range, for men 40-44. <-- DONE
4. Participate in at least 2 events, one of them being a CF event. <-- DONE (Bridge-to-Brews, Open, Mid-Valley Melee)
5. 10' HS Walk
6. Break 7 minutes on Fran & Grace <--Grace DONE, Fran not so much yet
7. 325# Deadlift <-- DONE
8. Break 21 minutes for 5k run <-- DONE

So five and a half of eight goals done. Pretty good for half-way through the year.

I feel like the sub-7 Fran is attainable if I hit it on a good day. will have to do that soon.

I haven't worked on my snatch nearly enough, and if anything my mobility in the shoulders has gotten worse lately. That'll require some focus.

I've worked on handstand holds for both endurance/strength as well as for balance (coming off wall a few seconds at a time). Endurance is improving, but not balance. I'll have to talk to coaches about how to work toward this.

I'm going to add a couple more for the year

9. String together 3 ring muscle ups.
10. 200# CJ (might change this depending what cycle Mike puts us on)

Stretch goals:

11. Back lever? or front?
12. Sub 10% body-fat. Maybe? I think I'm at about 12% now but will know for sure next week when they do the follow-up on the bod-pod.



No comments:

Post a Comment