Thursday, January 17, 2013

2013-01-17 WOD

Ugh. Crappy workout today. We were measuring the Crossfit Total (see more detail here), which is a total of Front Squat, Deadlift, and OH Press, with 3 attempts at each and each movement done with only a few minutes apart. I'd been working toward a PR for all three of those as well as benchpress (which we did on Monday), but after getting food poisoning on the weekend, I still am running at less than 100% and missed PRs on all of them, and only one did I hit my previous PR.

Front Squat 205 (previous PR)
Deadlift 285 (previous PR 315)
OH Press 115 (previous PR 130)

CF Total: 605 (where it should have been at least 650). According to this table (I weigh ~170), that has me straddling the line from novice to intermediate, though I think if I try again next week, I'll be in the intermediate column


2 comments:

  1. One thing to keep in mind, the official CrossFit total includes the back squat as opposed to the front squat that we are testing today. I'm sure that puts you pretty easily into the intermediate column.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rob. Good point! My back squat's 40# higher than my front.

    Still frustrating to not PR anything this week when I'd been working toward doing so. Hoping it's just the hit I took from the food poisoning on the weekend, and will give another try next week to see if I've gained it back.

    ReplyDelete