Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Mid-year 2017 Goal check

Little late for it, but thought it time I checked against yearly goals I laid out in January

Goals for 2017

1. Reduce number of injuries. Allow recovery time, work on mobility, etc
(so far, so good - couple small things but nothing catastrophic - knock on wood)
2. Get diet back on track and get down to ab-popping body fat range.
Progress - down to #166. Body fat still higher than I'd like.
3. 200# CJ
My Clean weight has dropped if anything. Not on track here.
4. 400# Deadlift
Same as above
5. Do 3 events that scare me, require training, etc
Done. CF Open, Spartan Sprint, and Battle in the Berg.
6. Improve standing in the open (this will be HARD given past year)
Not done. STILL haven't written up my post-mortem - but bottom line is I finished about the same position in the field as 2 years prior, but dropped from last year. Given the injury recovery, I'm ok with that.
7. Handstand improvement: Press to handstand (freestanding) or repeatable 20s HSH, or 10' HSwalk.
Nope. not yet.
8. MU virtuosity: get to a fluid, strict MU w solid form
I've worked hard on this one and it's pretty much there.
9. Front Lever
Progress. Can do a straddle front lever for a few seconds.
10. One-arm chinup
No, and haven't worked the progression here for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment