Monday, December 8, 2014

2014-12-07 Angkor Wat Half-Marathon

I finished my first half-marathon, which I'd trained for, for about the past 3 months. I was a little worried, as I had a foot problem that slowed me a great deal for the past couple weeks, and then with this vacation I've totally slacked on both training and diet. As it turns out, I think I did ok.

I have to wait for the final chip time to come in (the event site is down), but I think it was about 1:52. My goal had been sub-2:00, and I had a stretch goal of 1:45. I came in right between those, and would have been faster if the crowd hadn't been so dense for the first few kilometers.

[Official stats: 1:54:39, pace of 5:29 min/km, placed 342 out of 1465 men. Made the top 25% which was my goal, but missed my stretch goal of 1:45 I'd have made top 10%, but that'll have to wait for another event]

No comments:

Post a Comment