Tuesday, April 10, 2012

2012-04-11 The Great WOD

It's my birthday, and while I couldn't be subject to the 20lb vest BCF makes folks wear on their b-day (I fear retribution next week when I'm back in town), I did do a fun workout this morning.

Main:
~4k run with hill climbs and intermittent box jumps :-)

Oh, and here's where the run took place:


There's a cable car that drops you at a start point at the upper most tower in the above pic, just under the peak at center. I then did a peak-to-peak route that was ~2k each way from what I could tell on google maps, and goes from an elevation of 3000ft at each peak down to 2000 in the middle. That's a fair bit of climbing.


Speaking of which....

Man, those Chinese must have gotten hella quads while fending off the Mongolian hoards. The wall doesn't even use stairs up until about a 30 degree incline. Any steeper than that they built stairs, though in some sections, when it got steep, they just made steep-ass stairs. Hard to tell from the pic above, but each step here was just below knee-height in rise (16"? 18"?). I used those sections to do box jumps. Don't fall over backward though! Yikes!

My attempt at plotting my route (ran it there and back of course):



No comments:

Post a Comment